Last weekend Grandpa and Grandma B came to visit. We took them to the Museum of Agriculture since Anne seemed to enjoy it the first time. Anne seemed to like it just as much this time, if not more so since I allowed her to pet the animals more. A cow almost ate her mitten.
Also, Grandma B brought a pile of goodies, including two new outfits for Anne and a beautiful dress that she made herself (see photo below). Thanks Grandma B!
One day Anne clasped her hands together and sort of moved them around as if she were churning butter. Grandma and Grandpa immediately started churning butter too and Anne got all excited. Now she starts churning butter randomly all day long with a huge grin on her face (see video below).
Anne definitely says four words now: "Dada", "Mama", "Baba" (meaning "boom" - she often says this after throwing something on the floor), and "Baba" (meaning "baby" and with different inflection than when she means "boom"). We are looking into introducing her to other vowels.
![]() |
| Anne in the beautiful new dress that Grandma B made her. |
![]() |
| Anne pets a goat. The goat is extremely interested in her sippy cup. |
![]() |
| Anne and Grandpa B play on the play structure at the Museum of Agriculture. |
![]() |
| Anne pets a cow. The cow tries to eat Anne's mitten. |
![]() |
| Anne pets a donkey. |
![]() |
| Anne watches as a cow licks Mom's jacket. |
Anne says "Dada" and "baba" ("boom").
Anne does the all-done sign (the only official sign language she knows).
Anne churns some butter.






Very cute! I love the museum of Agriculture. We went there when I was a teenager and I was pleasantly surprised. Especially because they had a collie herding sheep when I was there. I think they do a day like that as a special event in the spring. Gus and I will come to visit you then and we can all go!
ReplyDelete