Thursday, 16 February 2017

Funny Things the Kids Say

Charlie has an incredible sense of smell.  A few minutes after eating something, if you go near Charlie he will say, "I smell oranges."  Or, "Mommy, I smell chocolate."  The other day I made popcorn, put it in my room, then went to check on Charlie who was still not asleep.  Charlie needed a diaper change.  He says, "Mommy, I smell popcorn.  It smells like popcorn in here.  Mommy, were you making popcorn?  Were you, Mom???"  I say, "It doesn't matter since you're going to bed now."  Charlie says, "I wonder why it smells like popcorn in here.  What would make it smell like popcorn in here." (etc., etc.)

Charlie, looking at the first snowfall at the grocery store: "Just like at our house!"

Anne: "Let's go on a W-A-L-K."

Charlie: "I can throw a book at you?"
Daddy: "No Charlie, we don't throw books."
Charlie: "I can throw a little book."

Charlie: "I had some water.  It's in my tummy.  My tummy is big.  I can go to the hospital.  I have a big baby."

Charlie: "The cloud looks like a skunk."
Mom: "Oh I don't think so, I think it looks like waves."
Charlie: "It's a skunk at the beach."

Charlie, referring to a skeleton: "Skelle-bone"

Anne: "Mommy, how was the first person in town born?"

Charlie calls tic-tacs "contacts"

Charlie: "I put my tic-tac in my shoe.  I didn't want to lose it."

Charlie: "Dad, do you know that people don't eat houses?"

Charlie, while in his bed at night, "Is anybody's phone in here?  I heard a bing-bong sound!!"  (Sure enough, Daddy had left his phone in there.)

Charlie said, "Bun and his family were buried under all those breasts.  Bun and his happy happy family."  He meant bras from the laundry.

Mom: "What am I going to do when you're all grown up?"
Charlie: "Die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment