Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Will it blend?

On Sunday I did the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life.  I was trying to blend some steamed spinach for Anne using a hand blender.  There wasn't really enough to blend so it was all getting stuck around the blade.  Bright, young, educated person that I am, I used my finger to clear out the spinach from around the blade.  As stupid as that was, it would have been okay if I hadn't somehow pressed the button at the same time with my other hand.

A few hours, paramedics, and stitches later, I was much better.  The bandage is inconvenient when trying to pick up Anne, but luckily I've had plenty of help from Gus, Greta, Grandma B, and Grandpa B.

After consulting my family, it was decided that I shouldn't post any pictures of the stitches.  Suffice it to say it is very appropriate for Halloween.  Very Frankenstein.  Instead please enjoy these photos of my beautiful baby girl.


Sumo Anne

Daddy and Anne reading a book

Anne in the leaves

What ARE these things?

I couldn't decide which photo was cutest so I posted them all.

Yup, that's my baby!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should post the gory photos of your wound.

    ReplyDelete