Friday, 23 September 2011

Jeff Returns To Work

This was Jeff's first week back at work and my first week at home alone with the baby.  Overall it went really well.  The days were really busy and the nights were terrible (Anne seems to have a lot of gas caused by the solids she is now eating) but nobody had a breakdown and the house is still in one piece.  I didn't manage to get any cleaning done and very little cooking, but I did manage to get Anne to sleep longer than her standard half hour nap.  She is now capable of napping for one full hour at a time.  (She seems only to wake on half hour marks for some reason.)

Anne eats a little bit of solids every day, which I make from scratch (they are extremely easy purees).  We are trying to get her used to various vegetables and a few fruits.  Unfortunately she seems mostly to like the fruits and not the vegetables.  I am going to try some sweet potato and some sweet peas this weekend to see if those will be passable.  

The only new developmental milestone is that Anne now sleeps with her bum in the air.  Alas, I do not have a photo of this since Anne would surely hear the camera and wake up.  Rest assured it is disgustingly cute.

Anne eating a trio of root vegetables.  This is a good day since there is very little food in her hair, ears, and nostrils.

Anne this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment